Sunday, June 30, 2019

England by the Numbers

First of all, a pool update. Turns out, Brentwood Water was doing some work on the water line without forewarning us. And yes, the water inside the house ended up being dirty too. It was touch and go while we were in London as we got messages from our garden girl and Steph AND the pool man about turning the water on and off. What a mess. Nobody knew someone else was messing with it. It's so hard to deal with things long distance. The pool situation was a definite stressor our first couple of days on our vacation! We're home now and the pool is up an running, but still dirt because, someone---a "little" to remain nameless---broke the pool cleaner! No telling when that will be replaced.

Anyway, on to our trip. Just a brief report by the numbers.  I always like to wear my Fitbit when traveling because I want to know how far I've traveled.

Steps: 127,386 divided by 9 days equals 14,154 steps per day.
Stairs: 363 flights for an average of 40 flights per day. There was lots of tube stairs climbing. This also includes inclines--not always flights of stairs.
Miles: 51.85 equals 5.76 miles per day.

We hit it hard. I kept up!! That's all I can say. And yes, I was exhausted. By the end of the week, I was done with the tubes. Up and down, so many times! But, that is the best way to get around. Still....a lot!


2 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear that our underground system kept you fit! I think our tube network is much further underground than any other city I have been to, and of course once you have reached your destination, the only way is up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on all those statistics! You must be feeling the benefit?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.