With the heat comes aggravation and boy, is it hot here!
1. One of my greatest pet peeves is blogs with so many ads that you cannot get a good view of the content---especially the ones that pop up over the top. I stopped following several of those today because I couldn't take it anymore. You click on the little "x" to get rid of the ad and then up pops questions---nor does it completely go away. I "get" that many people have their blogs monetized, but here's one reader that doesn't have time for the distraction.
2. After living here for 21 years, someone has decided to build a house right behind us. I'm a little concerned that our tiny patch of woods---maybe 50 yards by 25 yards---is going to be taken out. If not, it looks like the back of their house is going to be right on top of the woods. The house will front on a pretty busy road, so I understand why they would want to put the house on the back of the lot. Actually, I don't know why anyone would want to build a house on that road at all. If the woods go away, not only will the house be on top of us, but we'll lose our wildlife---deer, turkey, groundhogs, and many other species that may not live there, but take refuge when passing through.
3. Politics. Period. Enough said.
4. After about 10 years with annoying tables at bridge, they finally bought new ones. They are tiny!
5. Alas, after 7 years, my trusty Mac desktop is just about obsolete.
6. This annoyance is not really mine, but on behalf of my sister, Jeanne. When I was staying with her last week and admiring her gardens, I noticed this. It sort of freaked me out at first. They were everywhere! I've read about Japanese beetles, but had never seen any in person.
7. We've been warned about the airport traffic and long lines. When Chrissy dropped me off last week for my return flight to Nashville, I started to panic. I have never worried because I have the TSA Pre-check for the next 4.5 years. This scared me. They are selling too many pre-checks.
So there you have it. The things that are aggravating me lately. Still, I think to myself---these are small annoyances. I am truly grateful for all of the blessings in my life. Now, did that counter-act my negativity?