Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Un-Fun Part of Traveling...

post signature...is dealing with the airports. In fact, it puts a damper on a fun trip. At least when you are on the way, you are excited and better able to handle the ups and downs of air traveling. When it's time to go home, you just want to get there.

We left Barcelona at 10:30 a.m. but didn't get home until almost 1 a.m. We'd been up for 26 hours straight! When we got to Miami, we found that our flight was delayed and then delayed again. We sat around the airport for over 6 hours!

On the trip home, I read 1 1/2 books. I ended up having to read one of the books on my phone as it would not download to my Kindle. Steph was the one to remind me of that. I was a little panicky to think of being without a book. Eventually, my battery died, but by then, we only had about another half hour before we got to Nashville.

There's just no way around it. If you want to travel international, you've got to put up with long flights, hours in airports and delays. Luckily for us, we fly business, so we have comfortable seats and great service when we're in the air. It's expensive, but, for us, it's a must. For whatever reason, flying is a major trigger for my hives. I need to be able to put my feet up and even that is not 100%. I only had a little flare up this week, so that was good.

Now I'm off to the next thing. After being home just this one day, I leave tomorrow for some scrapbooking, reading, tv watching and stitching at the farm with 5 of my friends. It will be a nice relaxing week after a busy one of sightseeing. There's no internet access at the farm and phone service is hit or miss. It's pretty hard for me to be so disconnected. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to do it. Butch is going to handle the "beach business" while I'm gone. It's a busy time of year for that. We'll see how it goes.

I wish you all a nice week with great weather!

2 comments:

  1. Spending time creating with friends is a perfect way to come down from a vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how nice to have something to look forward to after a bit of rest at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.