Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday Mystery

On Wednesday, I was listening to Pandora while reading. All of a sudden, it went off. I thought Butch had changed the channel, but he hadn't. It didn't take us long to figure out our internet was down. We did all the things we normally do---unplug 9 plugs---wait a few minutes and plug everything back in. Restart our computers, turning off the internet on our computers and back on again. Nothing worked. The only thing to do was to call Comcast. Since I was leaving for the theater, the unpleasant job fell to Butch. When I got home---late, I found that the internet was still down. 

The next morning, Butch told me he had spent an hour and a half on the phone between Comcast and Direct TV. At some point the cable went out too. To make a very long story short, it was a mystery. Why did it go out? And why couldn't they fix it---with all the sent signals and boosts. A service technician was scheduled for Thursday afternoon. When he arrived, he said he was going to start outside at the box and work in to the house. 

He came in about 20 minutes later. Our internet was up and running! Of course we were very happy. Butch asked him what the problem was. He said he was embarrassed to say. Turns out, the day before, another Comcast technician was out doing work for the people next door. He was unable to get the cover off of the plug, so instead of doing the right thing, he unplugged us and put the neighbors cable in ours! Are you kidding me? Comcast just doesn't care. That's why we cancelled everything but our internet with them.

At least it was only a mystery for a little while. Then it just turn into a frustration!

2 comments:

  1. I should hope the guy who was out for the neighbors gets fired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that's definitely an example of taking the easy way out! UGH

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.