Monday, November 28, 2011

White Bean Chili

Janet gave me this recipe years ago. Mindy asked me to make it for her and her work friends, Jennifer and Ricky. I'm sharing the recipe for them and anyone else that might not have it. It's been known by several names: Chicken Chili, White Chili, or how it was given to me:

White Bean Chili
In a large crock pot:
6-8 cans white beans (I use great northern)
1 onion, chopped
minced garlic
1 can chopped green chills
4-6 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
2 Tbsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
4-8 squirts of tobacco
salt to taste

Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with sour cream and cheddar.
You can cook this on top of the stove instead of the crock pot as it is already cooked. Just be sure to cook it slowly for at least an hour to let the flavors blend. I also crunch tortilla chips or fritoes on top.

The Christmas decorating is finished. Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.