Friday, November 4, 2011

Nashville Hits the "Big" Time...


We've finally gotten our first Nordstrom's. I remember 25 years ago when the Bellvue Mall opened. Pam and I were so excited---we heard that they were having a "soft" opening a few days prior to the grand opening. We went, it became our "go to" mall and now 25 years later, it's gone. That mall was a "regular" mall with all of your typical "teen" stores. One of Sandy's jobs was at The Limited. Now it's just a big empty dinosaur. It was supposed to turn in to a library. That didn't happen. Then it was going to be one of those outside, open air malls that are so popular now. That didn't happen either. But in the meantime, The Green Hills Mall is still our upscale mall. They have continually remodeled over the years and added more and more stores. It's a beautiful place. I don't shop much if I can avoid it, but it's definitely my "go to" mall.
Sixth & Pine is the restaurant located inside Nordstrom's. I've been twice---delicious food---well, I've had the same thing twice---the Crab Louie salad---lots of shrimp and crab, avocado, just yummy. They also have comfort foods too. Connie had the meatloaf and said it was really good. She had planned to take half home but ended up eating it all. We had dinner there last night before our "by private invitation only" grand opening of The Container Store. 

In the morning, when Butch asked what I had going on, I told him about it. He said, "don't go buying any containers---we don't need any and you have a container problem." To which I responded, "don't tell me I can't buy containers." I know this could be really bad for me.

As I was leaving, I told him I'd probably be home around 9-ish. He said he would probably be in bed by then. I said, "good, that way I can smuggle my containers in!"
As it turns out, this was just a preview night---you couldn't buy anything. Actually I probably wouldn't have anyway. It was very crowded and I'm not the type to stand in long lines. But I'll definitely be back. I also see lots of great Christmas ideas. They had all kinds of food and champagne, wine, etc. We could have definitely made a meal of it. I tried a few things and it wa all good. I'm sure there was mention of food in the invitation and I just missed it. Anyway, it was fun.

They have over 80 different hanger styles
over 700 office supplies
over 120 food storage containers
over 170 bows and ribbon
over 540 products to organize the kitchen

Yeah, this could be deadly for me. I'm just sayin'

This is just like the BEST week. Today, my friends are picking me up at 8:30 for the grand opening of our very first Archiver's! I'm really excited. I've printed out my coupons and extras for my friends. 

Yes, indeedy, Nashville has hit the "big time" and I'm lovin' it....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.