Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What you can get done when you are running on speed dial!

Yesterday, I got up at 4:30. First thing I did was put on a pot of tea---I'm enjoying trying out all my new ones I brought back from England. The "commemorative royal blend" from Twinings is fabulous. They made it in honor of William and Kate's wedding. Really good.

Anyway, while my tea was brewing, I checked my email, and sent a few. Poured my tea, went upstairs to finish a Halloween project I've been working on for Steph and some of her friends. I messed up on the count, so I took a picture and sent it to Jeanne and Janet to see if they wanted to make it this weekend at our Cousin's Crop---to which no cousins are going.

At 6 a.m. I left the house to meet up with Mindy and Steph at Curves---our daily routine. Back here at 7 a.m., fold a load of clothes, shower, eat breakfast, fold another load, get ready for Margarita, check my email and out-the-door at 8:45 a.m. Sam's came next---picked up a few Christmas gifts too, then on the Michaels to pick up a few things for the project and to drop off some framing, went to Target for some more Halloween stuff, drove through the post office, bank, stopped at Kroger's for the zucchini that I forgot to get yesterday that I need for "grandpa's soup." And was at my doctor's appointment by 11:15---whew! An hour at the doctor, drop off prescription, drive through Backyard Burgers for a blackened chicken sandwich, Office Depot to drop off old ink cartridges for recycling and purchase new, Wolf camera to have some old negatives from the 50's that Butch found for developing and back to Walgreen's to pick up my prescriptions, then home---2:30. Unloaded the car, started making the soup, put away all the stuff I'd just bought, decorated the dining room table for Halloween---3:30. While the soup was simmering, I laid on the couch with my book and a nap. The nap didn't happen. I gave it up at 4:30 and got back to work. Added the vegetables to the soup, washed a new red sweatshirt from Sam's by itself so it wouldn't turn everything pink. Mindy came after work for soup. We chatted while I took the tags off my new Target bras and ripped out the underwires. Jeanne called about the weekend and we chatted while I was still dealing with the soup. Mindy ate and left. I cleaned up the kitchen, got the mail, changed in to my jammies, put together a bank deposit, made my bowl of soup and ate in front of the tv at 6:30. Watched tv, thumbed through some catalogs, caught up on the blogs I follow, placed a couple of internet orders---more Christmas, re-organized my "to do" list for the rest of the week, went to bed at 10:30, read until 11, lights out. And here I am up again---this time 2:30 and starting all over! I can only get about 4 hours of sleep at a time with this much prednisone, so I take advantage of it and get soooo much done!

Looking on the bright side, I had my annual physical yesterday and except for the hives, all is good. The prescriptions I picked up?? I got a tick on August 21st in St. Louis (actually 2, but I didn't find the second one until we were in London at the beginning of our trip. I felt it under my stomach, but thought it was a "skin tag." Anyway, the one I had at my armpit I pulled out probably the day after I got it. I must not have gotten it all as I broke out in a miserable, itchy rash just on my shoulder that came and went through out our trip---but it wasn't hives. The medicine I got was is to ward off Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lime Disease, or anything else you would get from ticks. I got them either at Jeanne's house or Walter and Chris' house while wandering through their gardens. I'm not sure it was worth it! Actually, yes it was. I love gardens. I've already posted pictures of Jeanne's and plan to post Walter's soon.

Later....got to get back to work---another busy day starting with Curves and then the dentist for a crown at 8 a.m. Fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.