Thursday, October 27, 2011

TSRCC

We met on Tuesday for our monthly meeting. This was actually the first one I've been to in 3 months. I really hate to miss, but I was out-of-town. Now I'm back in the groove and have re-vamped the club a bit. More on that later.

I've included some of the layouts that Pam and I did from the past couple of months. Remember, all you have to do is click on them to see them bigger.

One of the challenges was to make a layout with a game theme. Pam documented our poker group that Butch and I started 25 years ago that is still going strong. She mentioned the fact that Butch and Hugh are the only remaining original members. That took me back to think about those that have come and gone. Lots of great times. She went on to document a game of Scrabble we had at the beach while there for Malinda's wedding. We all just love games.
 This was the layout Pam did for the "metal" challenge. We love our scrapbook retreats at the Broussard's farm and go at least 2 or 3 times a year. We didn't make it this fall. but we always go the week before Easter and then in July. The journaling block in the lower left corner is a sheet of metal. How did she get the journaling on there--you ask? She printed it on a transparency!
Here's my "metal" page. The title is "mothers & daughters." I had some of those really old metallic letters from the 1950's that I used for the title. I used my labelmaker (every scrapbooker needs one---great Christmas gift idea) to repeat the title and mount under the metal label holders on the left. The metallic "label" on the upper left is some cosmetic label I found at an antique shop or flea market. This is going into my heritage album.
 The challenge for this layout was to incorporate flowers on to the page. I used some large chipboard flowers, painted them, masked them and then highlighted them with glitter glue. In the lower right corner is an old merchandize sizing tag that I put a rub-on "Z" as an embellishment.
This is my game layout. I used some old bingo cards as photo mats. The story is about all the games we play on vacation---including the teens playing Scrabble. That still makes me happy. I'm just sorry that I didn't take any pictures of them playing with "the hold grail"---mom's original Scrabble game.
 
 Kathy took this class from me years ago. She finally got pictures on it and used it as her "metal" layout. It has fish hooks and charms on it. I think Jeanne just put this kit together recently too.
 This is Barbara's metal layout. I asked the girls to bring them back so that I could see them in person. It doesn't matter if you do a one-page layout or two. I really like how she tore the pattern paper. I don't do that often enough.
 This month's challenge was to use traditional Halloween colors on the page---yellow, purple and orange. That's never too hard for Sandy---being a UT fan, she uses a LOT of orange! On this layout, she punched/embossed leaves to document a fall trip for her grandkids to the UT campus and football game. She inked the leaves to make the embossing show up a bit more. Very nice.
 Kathy documented her visit to a pumpkin farm. She used the Creative Memories oval cutting system to make the paper-pieced pumpkin in the lower left corner---adding some sticker pumpkins to create a vignette.
 Linda did this "extra" (I encourage the girls to show off anything else they've done in the month) page about her 5 yr. old granddaughter, Maddie. I love how she incorporated the pink, size 5 1/2 shoe tag! Using vintage things on a page can sometimes be hard---but this was absolutely the perfect thing!
Linda was the one that picked the purple, orange, yellow challenge for the month. She also documented a trip to the pumpkin farm.
Here's Barbara's page also based on the fall. I thought surely most of the girls would do some sort of Halloween layout---but nary a single one.
 Pam's layout was focused on a shower that she and Anna hosted for a "bride-to-be" whose favorite color is purple. They used purple as the color theme for the shower, so it worked perfectly for the challenge. The last "e" in Michelle just disappeared. Of course, I used that opportunity to "rag on" how you shouldn't use "repositional" adhesive in your Little X---only permanent. I rest my case!
Jan is the card maker in our group---and boy, does she make some gorgeous cards. She pays attention to every little detail. She also brought her first scrapbook---an 8x8 that was absolutely beautiful. You would never know that it was her first. But after being in this group for over a year now, she was ready to take the plunge. Why not? We all have enough "stuff." I'm looking forward to having her in my "A Year of Memories" workshop this year. She's ready.
 I'm the only one that used a Halloween theme---but with a twist. The title for my page is: "The amount of stuff needed for an Eads' girls scrapbook weekend is downright SCARY." Again, I couldn't do without my labelmaker---the electronic one this time. Actually, I think I borrowed it from either Jeanne or Janet on our Cousin's Crop at which no cousins were there. A definite, must have for me. I ran that old piece of torn notebook paper through the printer, jammed up the printer a few times, but finally got it.
I brought this page to show some of the girls how to make a pocket page for memorabilia. This layout is about our "growing up" house on Larimore Rd. I told a little story about moving in. I was 4, Ronnie was 3 and the twins were 2. Dad lined up up on the front step and told us not to move. When he said something like that, you knew you better not move! One of the twins peed. It rolled downhill. We tried to scoot away, but we still all got wet---but we didn't move! I didn't have any photos of that particular time, but just used some other old family photos from around that time.
And finally, the new challenge. I've added something new from now on. Besides picking the challenge, each person gets to pick a color scheme. It's Pam's turn this month. She saw this Kleenex box and loved the color combination: charcoal grey, cream, light turquoise with a hint of lime. Her challenge is to use a banner on the page. Banners are all the rage. It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with.

Until next month....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.