Thursday, October 20, 2011

Still on Speed Dial

All I've got to say is I love "riding this train." When you run on 3 hours of sleep a night, you get an extra 4 hours a day or in my case, 3 hours a day. I am accomplishing soooo much. I've just about re-organized my whole scrapbook room and cleaned it pretty good---considering all the crap cool stuff I have in there. Everywhere you look there is something inspiring to see. I'll post some pictures soon.

In the meantime, last Saturday, I did a Halloween project for Steph and her friends. These girls are new to crafts, so I provided ALL the materials. Everything went really well, except for the adhesive. I brought 4 of the Creative Memories tape runners that the girls were going to share. Luckily for me, I threw a different type of adhesive in the box. The tape runners started screwing up immediately. I'd been having some problems with them lately. As it turned out, all 8 had to share the one adhesive I had. It made the project last twice as long. Still everyone really enjoyed themselves. Mindy posted her project on Facebook and got a lot of comments from her friends.

On Monday, when I met the girls at Curves (6 a.m. everyday), Mindy told me that her friends wanted to do something. She picked Saturday, December 3rd. I told her that really didn't work for me because I'm having a dinner party that night. She said it was the only day she could do it. I relented. "Fine, I'll just plan ahead and pull it all off." She then asked me if I would make it part of her birthday present and pay for everything. We'll be doing it here because Mindy's apartment is too small. Plus she wants lunch. Before I even made it around the circuit at Curves, it dawned on me---she had "conned" me into giving her a birthday party! 27 and I'm giving her a birthday party.

And I really don't like doing crafts. I just can't turn any of the girls down when it comes to spending time with them. Mindy, unlike Steph, doesn't want to "trust me" to come up with something good. She wants me to make several things so she can pick something. Of course, why would it be otherwise? Mindy doesn't like to "float." She always wants to know exactly what is going to happen. I've already come up with several ideas. I have two of them done and the third almost finished. I do love incorporating vintage things and turning them into something else. Remember all those tart tins I just bought because I forgot that I already bought a set in St. Louis? Wait until you see---they are daaaaahhhhhlllliiiinnnnggggg!

Pictures to come. Like I said,  still running on "speed dial." Just one more week before I hit the wall.
Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.