Saturday, July 2, 2011

Relaxing at the Beach

We got off by 6 a.m. without a hitch. Once we got here, my hair frizzed up in like 5 minutes. We haven't had much humidity at home yet this year, so it really hit me. My goal was to be unpacked,  settled and having drinks on the balcony by 4 p.m. We did!

And, I'm very happy to report that we do have internet access after all. Glad about that. I'll be able to keep my blog up-to-date.

Our battle with nature continues. In fact, I've joked about the fact that we didn't see much in the way of wildlife in Alaska---no bears, no whales (although Butch saw one while fishing), no moose, no elk, no dog sled dogs, no eskimoes (I know they aren't animals) and we didn't see Russia either. We did see lots of bald eagles, but after about the 4th sighting, it was like, "oh, another eagle." The bottom line is that we have more wildlife in our backyard than we saw in Alaska. And, we are still fighting with them.

I brought a couple of the "noodles" with us on our vacation for the pool, only to discover, the squirrels have chewed the heck out of them. Another discouraging thing---I have one tomato plant with absolutely no tomatoes on it. Butch said that he's seen the cardinals eating the flowers off of that particular plant. WTF?? I don't think I'm going to bother next year.

We had tacos for dinner. I made Connie's Coca Cola cake yesterday to bring. It was horrible. I don't know what I did wrong. I did substitute Pepsi, so maybe that's the problem. It didn't rise. Anyway, that was disappointing. I love cake.

We played Liar's Poker after dinner. That's always fun for a large group. We plan to hit the beach by 9 a.m. in the morning. The water is beautiful and the beach is sandy white. I'll post some pictures tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.