Sunday, July 31, 2011

TSRCC

The challenge this month was to make and use flowers on the page. Here are the results. Unfortunately---not really a bad thing---there are so many people in our group that I cannot always remember who made what.
Besides the flowers on this page, Kathy hand-stitched lines between all the pictures. Fabulous layout.

 A few of the girls who were absent last month, brought their projects. The challenge then was to use a vintage item on your layout or card. Jann made this lovely card using a vintage buckle.
 For these cards, she made a flower from torn circles. On the right, she made a zipper flower.
 Jann also made this book in memory ofher daughter. Below is just a couple pages from the inside.

 Tanya made a card box (not shown) full of these cards---using all types of flower techniques.
 This is an extra layout that I brought to show. The guys AYM topic this month was to list 5 things they loved and hated right now. I liked the idea so much that I wanted to do it for myself to.
For my challenge this month, I started with naked chipboard flowers. I painted them green, then masked them and painted cream over the top. When all that dried, I added glitter glue to make them sparkle. To the middle, I added silver buttons.

Sandy made ribbon roses for her layout.

Sandy made accordion flowers for this dance layout. More ribbon roses below.


Another accordion and torn flower

This is Pam's layout---I love the color combination. When we were at our annual spring "farm crop", I taught a flower making class. This was one of them. You punch circles from double sided paper, fold in two sides, then line up in a circle. Add a button to the center for the cutest flower ever.
Lola has taught several flower-making classes. She brought an assortment of flowers that she's made.

Here is a "fascinator" that she made. (My sister scoffed at these, but fascinators have been around here for awhile. In fact, Mindy bought her first one at Christmas Village last November. They just became even more popular after the Royal Wedding.)


Lola had a huge box full of these flowers. Below is a handmade flower on the lid of this hand made box.
The challenge for next month is to use squares on a game related layout. That will be easy for me since our family plays so many games----I have tons of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.