Monday, May 2, 2011

New Recipe

Just thought I would share a new recipe I just discovered. The girls are going to be with us on Thursday night while Stephanie is out-of-town. With that in mind, I made chicken fajitas for dinner tonight to have the leftovers on Thursday night. I'll be teaching a class, so this way, Butch just has to heat it all up. The new recipe that I tried to go with the fajitas is:

Mexican Corn
16 oz. frozen corn
2 tbsp. canola oil (I reduced it to 1)
2 tsp. chili powder, divided
1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbsp. sour cream
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice (luckily we're gin & tonic drinkers---we always have limes)

1. Combine in microwave safe bowl, oil, 1 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, cumin and pepper; Add corn and stir to coat evenly. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
2. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, 1 tsp. chili powder and 1/2 tsp. salt.
3. Just before serving, heat up corn, stir in mayo mixture (do not cook any further) and serve.

I thought it was a little salty, but that could be that I used regular salt rather than kosher. Next time, I'm going to reduce the salt.

Anybody else cooked anything new lately?

P.S. Do you see a big gap between posts? I hate that and have no idea why that's happening. Any of you other bloggers out there know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.