Friday, May 27, 2011

The Decorating Continues...

Here's the "before" shot---been this way for 16 years. Not bad, I was just  ready for a change.
The view upon entering the room from the family room.


 


My cousin, Julie gave me this tablecloth that belonged to my grandma Zimmermann. I was so thrilled to get it as I had nothing from her. She gave me another that goes perfectly in my kitchen. Also, the cardinal music box belonged to mom. I have to say, that even though this room is brand new, this has already changed. I replaced this table with an antique round wicker table. I'll have to take another picture.

Here's the old window table I won at the Trivia night raffle. I put about $30 worth of raffle tickets in the bag---remember---when I was being so "flashy" with my raffle tickets? What a bargain---I'd have easily paid $100 for this. I just plain love it---at least until the first person spills their drink by not paying attention when they put their glass down on top of one of the slats. That will either be Connie or one of the Zimmermann's.


This spice cabinet came from an antique shop---it's not old---a reproduction. I had planned to store all of my candles in it, but the tapers won't fit. I'm still thinking about it. I have so darn many candles---they take up two full cabinets in the kitchen.


This time, I was smart. When buying the furniture and re-upholstering the chairs, I picked more neutral fabrics. Next time---in another 16 years---when I want to change colors, it will be much simpler---paint, new windows, done.

I am planning on getting a new rug. I like the one here, but am getting a blue one to give the room a little punch of color and pull out the blue in the fabric.

Just a few more photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.