Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I didn't change anything in the library except having another bookshelf made. Now that I'm not hauling shopping bags full of books to mom's (that ended up not being acceptable by her standards anyway---they couldn't be more than 2 or 3 years old), I needed more space. It's hard for me to get rid of books.
This picture didn't come out so well. The finish is definitely lighter, but not quite this bad. The guy came to pick up a shelf so he could match the stain. The shelf was light on one side and dark on the other. Butch suggested I give him a drawer. The finisher matched it perfectly. The only problem is in the scheme of things, the drawer didn't look so light when it was in line with the rest. The sun has bleached out the wood the lower you go. The upper shelves are dark and the lower are light.

At least now, I have a section of "must reads." Oftentimes, someone will ask me for a good book. Now I can say, "pick anything from these 4 shelves."


Bedroom before---red for 16 years. I did change the bedding and window treatments about 5 years ago, breaking my own rule---when re-decorating, change the color---you might think you still like it, but you'll get sick of it really soon---and I did. I have no idea what those spots on the photo are.
 Now the room is blue---such a drastic change, but I love it. I can live with this for the next 16 years.
 Waiting on the club chair and ottoman---arriving mid-June.




I swapped the paintings from here to the entry.


I'm still sick about the carpeting. There's nothing I can do about it---what an expensive mistake! There should be somewhere that shows what carpeting looks like AFTER it's been walked on. 

The master bath. I found those bird prints at an antique shop---long before I decided to do anything with my bedroom. I tried to get Nancy to buy them when I was decorating her bedroom. She was afraid it would be too much bird stuff and they were a little pricey. I just had to have them. The mat part is blue velvet. I guess you could say that those pictures are what I based the entire room around.

I love the trim on the window, but that was a scrap, so there wasn't enough to use it anywhere else. The small mirrors have been here for 16 years. 

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.