Tuesday, May 24, 2011

AYM

 These first few are from my day group. This one is Kim's purse page---great title.
 The challenge this month was to journal about your home or a particular spot in your home that is a favorite. Suzanne documented all of their homes. I love how she took the die cut houses, expanded them and added the journaling cards to them.
 This is Kim's house layout. The title is "Porch Sittin' "---she tells about how they love their screened porch and use it year round. She was having the bishop over for dinner the day we met, so decided to get a picture of him sitting on the porch which will be added to the right side of the page.
 This is Sally's layout---pure coincidence that she and Suzanne picked the same title: "Home Sweet Homes." If you look closely, you can see that she made some of the houses on her own.
 Kim was in the Holy Land when we met to discuss our pages about an important relationship. She went with her husband as the focus of this layout.

Now on to the guys. A few months ago, Mindy came up with this topic idea. She was so excited and kept asking me each month if I was using her idea. This month I finally did. The topic is:
"Boo Boos, Bangs, Breaks and Bruises." I loved this unusual color scheme---grey, orange, yellow. That's one of the things I get out of this club---I try different things and challenge myself.
 Pam (or maybe Hugh---I'm not sure) came up with the title: "I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell." His story was about a football injury when he was in high school.
 Karolyn's title is "Bruce's Bumps & Bangs." She found the band aids on her Cricut, by using the Gypsy. It's on the Indie Art cartridge. She had Bruce put on his black long underwear for the picture. Then, using a picture of the human body, she drew the skeleton with a white gel pen---really cool. Bruce is such a good sport---not only about the picture, but also for the ribbing he took about his story. In trying to "dodge" a train, the volkswagon he was driving (although it wasn't his car) stalled on the tracks. The car was hit by the train. Bruce and the other front seat passenger escaped while the 2 in the back seat were thrown (along with the car) about 30 yards and were unharmed. All we could think of was what if one of our teenagers came home and said the car had been hit by a train. Bruce insisted he wasn't trying to dodge the train---that he was trapped between the "arms." Yeah, we bought that!
 This is the page I did for Jack. I titled it: "All this happened, more or less." He did all the journaling, but the biggest story is about his 2 triple and quadruple by-pass surgeries. He's out of body parts to do anymore. He's had every artery to his heart by-passed. All this started in his 40's. I did quite a bit of stitching on this page. I changed the pictures to black and white---except for the scar photo.
 For Butch's page, the stories lead to the title: "That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It." In high school, while sitting in the locker room, a window fell on his head. The school's official report was that he was messing around, trying to open the window when it fell. Even with witnesses, they wouldn't change the report. The other story is about him riding a scooter when he was 5. He rode it all day. The next day, he couldn't walk. Since it was the time of polio, everyone assumed the worst. The doctor made him stay in bed for 2 days to determine what the problem was. Due to the scooter-ing---he had just tied all his muscles into knots.

I used real band aids on the page. I did some stitching too.
"Crash and Burn" is Jeanne's title for Jim's page. It's a miracle that he is still alive---and still thinks motorcycles are okay! I would think once in a coma would be enough. I love how she did the paper weaving. The buttons mimic the wheels on the motorcycle. She also used her Gypsy to fine the flames on her Cricut cartridges. I don't remember which one it was on.

The topic for next month is "Sibling Rivalry." That should lead to some good stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.