Monday, January 8, 2024

Me on Monday

I've had many discussions with my friends about this. I'm pretty sure I have ADD. There wasn't a name for it when I was little. But, here's the thing---I can focus on specific tasks, but then I can be all over the place too.

My friend, Nancy said I have AADD--Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. That's it exactly. 

I know I have been critical of audio books. I find it hard to believe that anyone can really focus on them enough to follow the story or get enough out of them to participate in a discussion. While listening, it doesn't take much for me to get distracted and go off on a tangent--like--if the book mentions a hamburger, I'm thinking about how long it's been since I've had a burger, where and when and how I'd like to have a 5 Guys right now. Before I know it, I have missed 10 minutes of the book. Or I'll get distracted by a billboard and off my mind goes. 

Heck, I do it in emails. Recently, I was emailing my scrapbooking friends and asking if anyone wanted to go in with me for some things that were on sale. I was looking for a share partner. Before I even finished the email, I jumped to an idea that whoever wanted to could kick in $10 and I'd buy the stuff. When we're together in February for our scrapbook retreat, we'll divvy up the goods. 

My brain never turns off. I always have ideas. Tons of ideas. Add my obsessive tendencies--it's exhausting! 

Now back to the audio books. Ever since Sandy suggested that I listen to memoirs read by the author, I've been on a roll. Those I can handle---even if I am not particularly interested in that person. Somehow, it feels like a conversation and I find those interesting. 

So now that I'm listening to audio memoirs, I've just about abandoned my podcasts---well except for my scrapbooking one. There's just not enough time to do everything! 

Don't even get me started on my "to-do" list. That is ever-growing and never-ending. I have my work cut out for me when we are on our cruise. But when I say "work"--it's really fun to me. And, FYI---since losing ALL of my 841 fonts, I have not fallen back down that rabbit hole! But I am going to try to find a few for scrapbooking purposes. I'm not saying that's really a good idea, but I'm feeling the need to do it!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I do have AADD. What about you? Don't tell me I'm alone in this!!

1 comment:

  1. My concentration level has definitely slipped over the years! I tend to listen to podcasts which are people chatting with one another or interviews, I cannot get on with audio books. Last Zumba class I did we were doing a kind of line dance routine which was a repetitive step and every so often you turned to your right and faced a different side of the hall. All was going well, we had done about 3 rounds of the 90 degree turns and I suddenly thought about what I was going to have for lunch, next thing you know everyone else is facing the front of the hall and I am still facing the back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.