Thursday, January 18, 2024

Five Things Thursday

1. Well right now, everything is about the weather. We have 8" of snow:

This is rare for Nashville. It was below zero overnight and 0 when we woke up. I snapped this before heading out for my Xolair treatment this morning. My car also said it was 2. I don't know how many days this has been already, but they just said on the news that we won't have temps above 32 until Monday!

2. Our house cannot handle it. The furnaces (we have 3) are running non-stop and cannot get the temperature above 65 in the house. As you know, the whole back is windows--so is the front for that matter--and it's freezing in here. We have the vanities open so warm air can get in there.
I don't like it because I don't like cabinets hanging open. But, I guess it's a necessity. 

3. We have frozen pipes in Mindy's shower and that's above the library. We have no idea what we can do about it. It backs up to the attic which I thought made it protected. I guess not.

4. I don't think our fish in the pond are going to make it. Here, due to our normally mild winters, you only have to have an 18" depth. Ours is a little more than that, but I'm pretty certain that it's going to freeze solid. You know what that means? Besides the demise of the fish, we most likely will end up with a crack in the liner. We've already had another pool leak during the holidays. Anything that goes awry with pools is never cheap. Butch keeps threatening to fill it in but the girls won't have it.

Speaking of losing things, the sunroom is so freezing too---ALL windows. I keep the French doors closed because we have to. It makes a huge freezing draft when they are open. I can look in there and see my plants dying. I wish I had a way to see how cold it actually is in there--and it's a heated room!

5. Lastly, there's this:
I haven't even unpacked from our trip--well except for the dirty clothes. We do not have heat in our closets and it's way too cold in there. Not only am I not putting stuff away, I have all of the clothes I'm currently wearing piled up on a chair. 

This is also a problem because whenever I'm freezing, there's nothing that warms me up like a nice hot bath.
I like to light a candle, get a drink and soak with a book. I'm going to have to get my junk put away because I need this.

I know that by now you think I'm a broken record with the cold and how freezing I am. But I thought I would share my current look:
My big fluffy robe and my new fluffy slippers. Lest you think I'm a slacker...
...I'm fully dressed underneath! 

It's my new look. 










1 comment:

  1. Just looking at the snow outside your house makes me feel cold - and I hate being cold!
    Your poor furnaces must be wondering what's going on, let's hope there's a rise in temperatures soon. It is -3C here at the moment, but with wind chill it feels much colder and guess who forgot their wooly hat when they walked into town earlier?
    We used to have koi carp in a pond in our garden and in the winter we used to place a small rubber ball in the water, it stopped the top of the water completely freezing and allowed oxygen to circulate better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.