Thursday, January 4, 2024

Five Things Thursday

This post is going to be about New Years Eve--not five things this time. 

We stayed home. Butch got the idea of making a lobster dinner, so we did. We had parslied potatoes and a chopped salad with it. He bought a turtle pie for dessert. It was all delicious except he was a bit disappointed at the size of the lobster tails once they cooked shrunk. That's how it goes. We had a relaxing evening while watching Nashville's New Year's Eve. This program has become my favorite---over Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve--mostly because I don't know any of the artists performing anymore. At least in Nashville I know just about all of them.

A couple weeks before Christmas, Sandy invited Stephanie, Mindy and the boys to come for the New Year's weekend. She had all kinds of fun things planned. They had a wine and cheese tasting, had a coloring contest, a make your own pizza party, many games and I can't remember what else. 

The girls called us on New Year's Eve. They FaceTimed us on Butch's phone, so it was a little tricky. We moved to the couch so we could both see. We I kept dropping the phone. 

It's hard to hold it the air for a long time. Anyway, they were having a ball and sent us pictures to prove it.











Happy New Year! Welcome 2024. I wonder what the new year is going to bring. I'm sure there will be some surprises. I just hope they are all good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.