Thursday, July 29, 2021

Five Things Thursday

1. I love the look of linen. But, I don't like to iron it. I
I think you can get by without ironing as it always looks wrinkled anyway. The picture above is before ironing.
This is after ironing---with steam. It doesn't look all that much better. Maybe a little. Once I put my seatbelt on, it will be even more crumpled!

2. When we remodeled the beach condo, I got all new---well, just about everything in the kitchen including these utensil holders. We carefully lined all the drawers with what was supposed to be non slip drawer liner. I really liked it because there's a cushion-y feel to it.
But, it still slid. I couldn't stand that it would slide back taking the liner with it about an inch. I tried everything. We started with double sided tape. Butch even tried thumbtacks and staples to hold it in place. Nothing worked. The laminate was too hard and nothing would penetrate it. To say I nagged him about it is probably putting it mildly. I cannot stand things that aren't right. Sooo, I couldn't believe he came up with this ingenious idea.
Can you see? We had some old pool noodles that he was getting ready to throw away. He trimmed off pieces of them to put in the back of the drawers to keep them from sliding. Worked like a charm! We'll see how it looks the next time we go down--in August. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will hold up.

3. I've already shared a picture of the parking lot with just our 3 cars on the first day we returned to the movie theater. 
Well, here we are seeing the movie "Old" on our regular "Movie Monday." Ultimately a couple other people showed up right before the beginning, but this is pretty much how it is all the time. I've always feared that they would just close the theaters in the day since there is so little business. Now you get your tickets and refreshments at the same time so they only have to have one person working concessions. There's a ticket taker and a manager. I think the films are all operated by computers. Somewhere along the line---when we first started doing this, I remember asking about the low attendance. At that time, our buddy--whose name I can't recall after two years--said they were obligated by the studios to offer the movies during the day. Hmmm, I wonder what happened to that guy....

4. The other day, we went to Radnor Lake for our morning walk. Well, I walk the trail. Butch hikes harder trails and then we meet up towards the end. It's a beautiful park. But, boy was it hot! Even at 7 a.m.---so muggy.
The deer are so tame. This is a real shot without me having to get my phone to take a closer picture. I was about 6 ft. away. He looked at me and then went about his business while I got my phone out. Not only did I see this guy, I saw two other deer sightings--two and another single. They are not afraid as they are in a protected area. Butch loves to go to Radnor because of all the wildlife. I don't like walking the trail when we're doing our family Conqueror's Challenge. It takes much longer walking 2.5 miles on a trail compared to the street. It's more about the distance for me. Now that we've completed this last one, we're taking a break. That way, I won't be worried about distance and can be happy enjoying the woods.

5. Yesterday, as I headed out to run my errands, my first stop was Starbucks. I always get iced tea on my errand day. Anyway, this was a first! 
Apparently, Starbucks has decided to take a page out of Chick-fil-a's handbook. The drive through lane is always out to the street. Now they have a masked attendant with her apron and an iPad taking orders. The reason I mention the apron is that it's over 90 degrees---so hot--and humid. That's a lot of layered clothing. Luckily they gave her that umbrella hat to shade her. Goofy, but effective! Oh, and I zipped through within five minutes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.