Monday, March 17, 2014

A Few Things

I had the most productive and FUN weekend. We started with Happy Hour on Friday night. It was just Stephanie and Nicky this week. We caught up on everyone's news. Then I went to dinner with my girl friends. 

Saturday, I spent the morning in my scrapbook room---and part of the afternoon. I read for a couple of hours and then back to scrapbooking. I tried a new technique---that will get it's own post. 

Sunday, I spent a little time in my room and then it was time to cook for Nicky's birthday dinner---spaghetti, polenta, salad, salciccia, garlic cheese bread and Connie's Chocolate Eclair Cake for dessert ---Nicky requested it. Everyone enjoyed the meal, but probably the leftovers I sent them home with---more! Nothing like having a ready made meal during the work week.

I have a pretty busy week---all fun. I, know, I have a tough life! It end with (as Mindy says) our Eads' girls Spring Break trip to New York. Restaurant reservations, 3 plays, trip to the Met, The Plaza for brunch, and a bus tour round out our itinerary. I'll try to report from the "Big Apple." We'll see how much time I have.

On to a few things.

While scrapbooking on Saturday, I watched Season 1 of a recent Masterpiece production---"Upstairs/Downstairs." Linda B. gave it to me for my birthday last year. It is AWESOME! I already order season 2. I'm disappointed to know that it has already been cancelled. Do any of my UK friends know if there was a 3rd season? I saw something somewhere that lead me to believe there was. I hope so. I'm liking it just as much as Downton---and that's saying a lot!

 Is this not the cutest little camera you've ever seen? Well, it's  not a camera. Can you guess?
It's a flash drive!! What a perfect way for a photographer to deliver your wedding pictures! They are amazing! Steph's friend, Sam took them. We're not surprised that they are fabulous. After all, he does work for the newspaper!

That's it for now. Off to get ready for "Movie Monday." I hope you have a great week planned too!

3 comments:

  1. You definitely have me looking forward to retirement. Even if it is still 15 years down the road! Enjoy New York City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend & a fun trip is coming up! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Upstairs Downstairs is way better than Downtown. I wish there were more episodes too - as far as I know, they only made the two series. You could go back and see if you could find the original 1970's series? I saw a few of those recently. It sounds ridiculous to say they were "dated" but the filming techniques and set dressing have moved on a bit since then!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.