Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's Goin' On...


By now, I had hoped to give you a rundown on my time in St. Louis. But the photos are not cooperating. Since arriving at Jeanne's, none of my pictures have been able to download. It must have something to do with her internet access. So, I'll have to give you the weekend details when I get back home.

Outside Jeanne's window: The sun is shining and it looks gorgeous outside. I'm not letting that fool me---I know it's going to be frigid!

I am thinking: How much I need to do before my friends arrive this afternoon. They are coming earlier than I had planned. That means Jeanne and I have a lot of errands to do this morning while sneaking in our last lunch with sisters and brother before they get here. No extra down time for me today.

I am thankful for: Getting this chance to see all of my family and the out-of-towners too.

From the kitchen: Just my tea and leftover carrot cake for breakfast.

I am wearing: My pajamas while I wait for all of my clothes to come out of the wash.

I am hoping: that my hair is going to turn out all right, but I don't think it will. I used some styling stuff that I found when I cleaned out my vanity at home. I don't know if it was old or what, but it's all stiff and gummy feeling. Plus, the blow dryer in the guest bath here only blew out cold air. I haven't tried to style it yet, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to re-wash it and start all over again. Ugh!

I am reading: Out of Time---the jury is till out. I'm nearing the end and had hoped to finish it today. I don't think that's going to happen. 

I am busy creating: Nothing at the moment, but hope to---starting tomorrow afternoon when we get to the scrapbook retreat.

I am hearing: the hum of the dryer and the bubbling of Jim's fish tank. But now that I've been reminded, I'm putting some music on.

Around the house and garden: It's been way too cold to take a stroll through Jeanne's garden. She hasn't done anything new in the house recently.

In other news: Tonight is Morgan's Ring Mass. Juniors get their class rings blessed. Butch is going with her and Steph. I can't believe my "grands" are growing up so fast. It was only yesterday when they moved in with us...

One of my favorite things right now: hanging out with my sisters. I don't get to do it often enough. All seven of us were together this past weekend. Joyce left on Monday and Janice leaves today. I'll miss them until our sister's weekend this summer. 

How the weekend is shaping up: We leave tomorrow for our scrapbook retreat. I'm teaching a class on Saturday and having a massage that afternoon. Scrapbook retreats are all about hanging out with your friends/family, sharing memories and just relaxing. Can't wait!

I'm not sure when my next post will be. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. So lovely to hear you got to have all the sisters together :) Glad you enjoyed the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.