Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Few Random Things

A couple weeks ago, Butch came home and told me that he was involved in a flash mob. Right away, I was jealous because that's #1 on my bucket list---either see one in person or be in one. I'll take it either way. Sooo, I posted this photo on Facebook. The pose that they are doing is called "phooning." Butch is in the middle. Sometimes I can be such an idiot. This time, Butch caused me to be an idiot by saying he was involved with a flash mob. Mindy responded and said, "Mom, this isn't a flash mob, it's just a picture!" Duhhh, of course it's just a picture. I know a flash mob is a video. I just wasn't thinking. Like I said, idiot. Still, I think it's pretty cute. It's taken on the quad of Peabody---part of Vanderbilt University.
 Here it is, the view from Mindy's condo---our big snow in Nashville for the year. About an inch. Pretty much nothing. Still pretty.
I got this cute thank you note from my brother for his 60th birthday gift. I was pretty impressed as I didn't expect a note. I don't think he's ever written me a note in his life. Anyway, when I opened it up, I saw this.
Just like a little kid would do---he turned it the wrong way when he wrote it. I snorted out loud when I saw it! He's so cute. I love him.
Mindy was in NOLA (short for New Orleans, LA) for Mardi Gras. Technically, it lasts all month, but the last weekend before Ash Wednesday is the "biggie." Many of her friends met her there. This is Rachel who lives and works in Texas.
 She said this was her big score this year---a hand decorated toilet bowl brush and the miniature toilet. Her headpiece was actually made by a woman in Nashville.

The crowds. I said that I NEVER wanted to go to NOLA for Mardi Gras. But now, I think I need to experience it at least once. Especially since Mindy knows the best places to be for the best parades.
Mindy has a pretty extensive Mardi Gras wardrobe that includes an assortment of wigs and headpieces.
 She met up with one of our family friends, Malinda. Her husband, Drew is on the crewe of Endymion. It was 365 feet long this year and featured Kelly Clarkson. I love Mindy's little crown headpiece.
Malinda's daughter, Grace was hounding her mom for this pretty parasol. I think it looks just great with her outfit and headpiece!
One of the many floats. We toured the warehouse where some of the floats are stored about 2 years ago. They are pretty amazing.
Mindy took this photo to show Sandy how much she loves the boots she gave her for Christmas. Boots are a necessity to navigate the "curb juice" throughout the Quarter. I'm diggin' the leggings.
A trip to New Orleans would not be complete without some fine dining. She used to work here, so it was fun visiting old friends. She loves NOLA and misses it every time she has to leave.

A few more things coming on Friday...

2 comments:

  1. A really fun read to start me off on my blog hopping today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crowds aren't my favourite thing either so I'm glad Mindy took so many photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.