Monday, February 25, 2013

Operation Organization

Well, how did you do this week? Connie told me that although she didn't do her closet, she did do all the cabinets in her breakfast room. She needs to send me pictures so I can share them!

I got my closet done, pretty much hated all 4 hours!! I tried on EVERYTHING! I have gotten rid of soooo much stuff! Here are the results:
 Remember all the pashminas and scarves?
 Here are all the scarves lined up along the tub. There were 26 of them. I got rid of 7. At least it's something.
And the pashminas---25 of them. I got rid of 10 of them. I had to keep the cashmere one I bought Scotland and the cashmere one I bought in England. I had to keep the one Butch bought me in Jerusalem when I forgot mine in the hotel room. They are just the thing to warm me up. Plus, they fold up so nice and small for my purse.
Here's the before. The pashminas are on the second shelf from the bottom on the left.
Now here is that same shelf. The pashminas are in the same spot, but just two neat rows. I also got rid of a ton of sweaters and tee shirts.

Here's the before of my jackets and shoes.
Here's the "after." See all those empty hangers?
The "before."
The "after" all neated up!
 I came across this needlepoint belt I made for myself in the 1980's. I can't get rid of it. Besides, who would ever be able to use it with my initials?
I put the glasses in the middle so you can see how small my waist was at one time. Chances are, I will never be able to wear it again. So why am I hanging on to it? I don't know. I just can't let it go. A girl
can always hope.

Your next assignment:
The dining room. Clean out your china cabinet, drawers and buffet. Now might be the time to pass on something to a relative or friend. There are probably many things you don't use. Unless there is some great sentimental value, let it go. You'll be happy you did!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all of that hard work! I bet it feels good now that it is done :-) The belt you stitched must have taken a very long time to do. I would keep it too! Maybe you could recycle it onto a layout or two????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you kept the meaningful things :). And admiring how much you have let go of! More power to your decluttering elbow ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made a list of what to clear out inspired by you. I am impressed by the lovely colours in your closet, mine is all dark! must buy bright colours WHEN I have tided and thrown. I know exactly what you mean about not throwing certain things out. May be your tiny belt could be one of your Pictures of Precious then you can justify (if you need to) keeping it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely keep that beautiful belt too! Do you remember that series "Erica on Embroidery" on tv? You reminded me of that -it was such an unusual show for its time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.