Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's always so good to get home!

We got home early this afternoon---no problems with our flights. One thing I noticed---even though we just spent over a week in some of the most gorgeous countryside I've ever seen---I realized that Tennessee is just as beautiful. For that matter, all of these United States are pretty scenic!

Normally, I unpack immediately---I hate unpacking. Today, I was hungry, so decided to have lunch first. We didn't have much in the house, so I settled for peanut butter and jelly toast.

When I have lunch, I usually watch a show that I have taped (or DVR'd---in today's lingo.) That was a mistake. I ended up spending the next 2 1/2 hours glued to my guilty pleasure---The Bachelor Pad. I think I'm the only one who watches it. It is so totally trashy. I just love all the drama. Anyway, at the very end of the show, it's down to the final two. They have a choice about the $250,000 winnings. Secretly, they can choose to "keep the money" or "share" it with their partner. If both contestants choose "keep," then the entire group gets to share the money. If both choose to "share," they split it. If one chooses "keep" and the other chooses "share," then the person who chose "keep," gets it. That's what happened this time. That has never happened before. They ALWAYS split it! It caused quite a stir---and just when the show was supposed to be over, more drama! I love it! I can't wait until The Bachelor starts again. We usually have a pool for that to make it interesting.

Today on the plane, I put my seat back because I wanted to sleep. The lady behind me tapped me and asked me to put my seat up because she couldn't open her laptop with the seat back. Of course, I complied. I thought it would be for a little while, but it was the full 2 hours of the flight. The middle seat was empty, so she could have moved over. I guess I should have asked her to do that after awhile. Butch says he gets mad when people put their seats back because it's so crowding. I get that, but darn, don't I have a right to put the seat back to nap? It's pretty hard to nap straight up. If they didn't want you to put your seat back, they wouldn't make them "moveable"---right?

One last thing that irks me. At those free continental breakfasts at the hotels, so many people take extra food with them. One day we saw a guy take about 6 yogurts. Then today, I saw a guy in a suit actually use baggies to put prepared bagels in. He had so much stuff he was balancing that the worker gave him a tray. I figured he was taking everything up to his family. Then, when we were leaving, I saw him again with a child's backpack and lunch box. That made me think that maybe he was living there. That made me sad. Plus it made me realize that I had been judging people for taking food. Goes to show you never know their circumstances.

I'm reading a really good book if you're looking for something. It's called---The Scribe. I can't tell you the author (I could look it up, but I'm too lazy) because of my Kindle. Now that I use that exclusively, I don't see the book title and author every day. That's bad. Half the time, I have to really think about the name of the book---forget the author. That makes me sad. I always took a lot of pride in knowing books and authors. Anyway, back to this book. It's another take on Pope Joan. It's very good, but if you've never read anything about Pope Joan, then you need to get the one by Donna Woolfolk Cross. See, since I read that in hardback, I still remember it.

Now, there's lots to do since I'm back home. Later....


1 comment:

  1. East, west, home is best!

    Your travel notes are really fun to read, but then so is your news from home

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.