Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 3 & 4---Maine

It's beautiful here. Flowers everywhere and the most darling little towns. Butch and Walter stopped at a little roadside flea market for us. Of course, I found a few things. I got an old tin full of wooden spools full of thread, a ziplock bag full of button cards, a cute little doll called "little squirt" for Nancy, a set of New Kids on the Block marbles (brand new in vintage packaging and something I know Steph doesn't have) and a couple of other little things---all for $15.00. I love flea markets in New England!!

The Botanical Gardens were some of the nicest I've ever seen. We spent 2 hours there. I've narrowed my 75 pictures down to just a few for you:
OMG! I am so frustrated at how slow this internet is. It took about 15 minutes for just this one picture. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and our next destination to try again.

Today, we drove through the  Acadia National Park. It was really pretty and overlooked the Atlantic. Next, we went on and expensive, 3 hour whale watch and didn't see a one. Reminds me of Alaska last year and all the wildlife we didn't see. I think we ought to quit taking these expensive animal sighting tours. They're a rip-off. They offered to give us a voucher good for LIFE to take the whale watch cruise again. I'm thinking "NO"!

Unti tomorrow and quicker internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.