Tuesday, July 31, 2012

At the beach

We got here on Sunday afternoon after a stop at "Peach Park" in Alabama. All I can say is O-M-G!!! That fresh peach ice cream was the best I've ever had. Actually only the second time I've ever had it. The first time was when I was a little girl. My grandma Zimmermann made it when I was staying with her one summer. It was so delicious. Those memories came rushing back with my first bite. I've had that type of thing happen with smells, but this is the first time it happened with a taste. (Well, with every first bite of a Frito, I can always recall when they first came out in the 60's.) Anyway, we're stopping at Peach Park on the way home. I'll get peaches, cantaloupe and watermelon too. The cantaloupe that I bought there was the best I've had all season. I'll be getting another peach ice cream cone. I might have to get a double this time.

We're staying at the beach house of our friends, David and Linda, in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida---the beach destination that is our family favorite. It's a girls' trip. Linda is the best hostess---except she likes to freeze us out and doesn't believe in kleenex! She has exceptional taste in decorating. I'll for sure take some pictures to share. All the colors are bright and cheery. You feel like you are definitely at the beach. They just put in a little pool---I like to think---just for us. We're hoping to try it out tomorrow after getting the go ahead from the pool man yesterday.

We spent yesterday at the beach in the morning. We came in for lunch and then headed to the pool at Gulf Place. It ended up raining in the afternoon. We stopped at Goatfeathers to pick up fresh fish and shrimp. I made fish tacos---my latest favorite thing---for my dinner. I had never made them before. I got  mahi mahi and grilled it. I blackened it first. It was soooo good. I'm going to make it at home. Maybe I can take some fish back.

We played poker last night. I won $1.90.

On a sadder note, our friend Susan, had to go home. Her dog is sick and her husband had to go out-of-town. I took her to the airport early this morning. It ended up raining all day. We stayed in. The girls worked a puzzle while I read. We watched a movie and stitched.

Oh, and did I mention the fabulous daiquiris that Karolyn makes? Everyday, a different flavor. We've had strawberry banana, peach banana and tomorrow is going to be mango banana. This is the life!

Sorry, I haven't taken a single picture yet. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Peach icecream sounds wonderful

    Sometimes it's nice to relax without the camera :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.