Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lagniapp

Lagniapp is a french term for a bonus or extra gift. That's how I feel about these cute photos of Travis.
 Jeanne holding her (nearly) 3 month old grand baby. He's a pretty good baby. We like good babies.
 This is the cute little "crabby" oufit that Sandy, Stephanie and Mindy bought him. Notice the darling little matching shoes.
 Jeanne thinks this is the first time Johnny has ever held a baby. Having new babies in the family is so much fun.
 The water hyacinths are in bloom in the pond. They are pretty little things, but they bloom for just one day.
 You can see that our goldfish are happy in here. I think they have enough foliage cover to protect them  from the blue heron. You can click on that to refresh your memory of what happened last year.
 I've already showed my new refrigerator, but now that I've had it for a few months, I thought I would tell you how I like it.
 The pull out freezer is working out just fine. We don't keep a lot here because we have a big freezer in the mud room.

 It's all working out really well. But here's the thing. There are way too many nooks and crannies that are hard to clean. After a few more months, I see needing q-tips to really clean it well. I don't think I'm going to like that. We'll see....
 I had to snap this shot. On the hottest day in the history of Nashville---109 degrees---Butch was sitting outside. I opened the door and asked him what he was doing. He said, "reading the paper." Duh!!
This is the most recent needlepoint pillow that I've finished. On our sister's weekend, Jennifer asked if she could put her feet up on the coffee table. I told her, "yes." What I didn't know, was that she planned to put my pillow on the table first. I about freaked out! Since they don't do needlepoint, they have no idea the time and expense involved. I forgive her---this time! (And by the way---I keep this pillow on a chair that doesn't get used. I just photographed it on the couch. I don't even want people sitting on it!)

One last thing. Would anyone like to guest on my blog? You can write about anything you want. Especially some of you that don't have blogs. You might have something to say. Just email me! Nothing political, please.

1 comment:

  1. Your cushion is fabulous!

    and that little boy is a charmer - he's going to be a heartbreaker for sure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.