Saturday, January 14, 2012

What a Great Birthday Week!

I've had the best birthday week. All the parities and attention really eased the "pain" of 60! It doesn't really bother me, but if it gets me parties and gifts, I'm all for it!

On Wednesday, I had planned to work all morning on AYM (A Year of Memories) classes and kits. But my book is soooo good---I'm on the second book of The Hunger Games trilogy---fabulous---I just can't put it down. I said to myself, "what the heck, Barb, it's your birthday, take the day off." So I did. I parked myself on the couch in the living room in front of the fireplace with a pot of tea and read for 3 hours. Well, not exactly a solid 3 hours---I had many phone interruptions from birthday well wishers.

At 12:30, I met some of my friends at 6th and Pine (Nordstrom's awesome restaurant) for lunch. I always get the Crab Louie salad. They all gave me great gifts, treated me to lunch and let me pick the dessert. I wish I had taken some pictures of all of us, but I didn't' think about it at the time. Afterwards, we went to the movies and saw Young Adults. Don't waste your time. I love Charleze Theron, but it was not very good.

Straight from the movie, I picked Mindy up from work. We met Butch at The Bonefish Grill---another one of my favorite places. They have the best sangria, grilled fish tacos and key lime pie.


My next birthday party came on Friday with my "posse" from Overbrook/St. Cecilia. Our children grew up together and we worked on every possible project at school. I was the "leader" and they were all my committee chairs. We worked so well together. 

They took me to The Palm for lunch. I did take pictures there. Susan made the floral centerpiece and with Mary Jo's help, the table favors. With this creative bunch, I should have expected it.


 You can barely see Suzanne behind the centerpiece.
 Madelyn, Kim and Kitty.
 Susan, Mary Jo and Sally.
 We shared the complimentary birthday cake.
Here's the whole group. It pains me to say it, but I'm the oldest of the bunch! A few are not too far behind.

I got so many great gifts---Vera Bradley plates, napkins, coasters and place cards, Amazon gift card, Yankee candles, Vera Bradley flip flops with matching beach towel, antique spice tins, baby powder tin and box of hair pins, 12" paper holder, cake mix cook book, vintage calendar page: January 11, 1952 (currently at the framers), pedicure, bottle of wine, long necklace, the book The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt and a handmade Christmas ornament. A pretty nice haul. I love presents---who doesn't?
I also got an Archiver's gift card that came in this miniature gift bag. Adorable! 

Thank you to all of my friends, I love you and am truly blessed to have all of you in my life---not to mention my adoring family who loves me too!!! I can't live without any of you!

And now for your entertainment:
Tim TeBowie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.