Thursday, January 12, 2012

Morgan's Plans

Seems like Morgan always has a plan/request for her grandparents. She texted us last Friday that she wanted to come over to "talk" to us. Well, she was just here last Monday for dinner with her friend. The "talk"could only mean one thing: she wants a loan for a car. The girl has been saving like crazy. She turns 16 in May and Stephanie has told her that she would match whatever she saved. Since her only means of income is babysitting, it isn't adding up to much. Steph is going to match her, but says she doesn't have more than $500. $1000 won't buy much of a car. I'm leaving this up to Butch to decided. We'll see.

 Who can a resist this little cutie?
Last year's Winter Formal at St. Cecilia Academy.
Oh, and when she and her friend were here last Monday, did I mention that she asked if we would host a dinner before their Winter Formal? I asked the date---January 28. I told her that I couldn't since I'd be in St. Louis helping to host a baby shower for my niece, Angie. Steph piped up and said, "I can cook." Morgan and I looked at each other and barely contained our laughter---Steph is NO cook (which she freely admits). I then said I'd prepare the entire meal ahead of time. All Steph and Butch would have to do would be to make the mashed potatoes and cook everything else that just needs to go in the oven. Mindy and Nicky plan to help. After all, Mindy owes us. We hosted her Winter Formal for 30 kids about 10 years ago. For Morgan, it's all set---10 teens in formal wear for dinner. A piece of cake. I'll provide them with a foolproof menu and a timeline. Butch, Steph, Nicky and Mindy should be fine. Plus, I can always orchestrate by phone from afar.

Whatever keeps her coming over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.