Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TSRCC

The first two layouts are from A Year of Memories/2. The topic this month was to scrapbook your faith. Suzanne's layout---titled, "Cradle Catholic" told a beautiful story about faith, her mother and then her daughter who wore her First Communion dress.

Sally used phrases highlighting her beliefs---that her faith is all around her---evidenced in her house. She has more photos going on the page, but is computer challenged and doesn't know how to print pictures at home. The ones she had printed at Walgreens were to big for her layout.

 Now on to The Scraproom Challenge Club. This month's challenge was to stamp on the page. Pam stamped the word Aprons with paint. She found a story that someone else had written that summed up what she felt about her grandmother's aprons.
Karolyn's Scraproom shows the before and then after I organized and decorated it. She stamped part of the title.

Linda told the story of her niece's ball game.

Lola's layout, titled, "Almost Time" is about her niece, soon to give birth.

This is a canvas piece that is part of a book. It is stamped in a collage style.

Sandy stamped the flowers and added flourishes to the background

Barbara (yes, another one) stamped turnips on the page and told the story of visiting a turnip farm.

Tanya stamped the flowers on her page.

The design in the upper right hand corner is stamped.

Jan is the card maker of the group. She spends hours getting each card just right. This one is gorgeous.

Another of Jan's cards. On this one, she used her sewing machine to keep with the stitching theme.

This is my layout about my Aunt Marie's wedding. I stamped and embossed the title and corner swirls. I told about my relationship with Aunt Marie and how important it is to me.

The challenge for next month is to distress the page by---inking, painting, tearing or sanding. I'm not into the messy look, so this is not really my thing, but I will be a good sport. The whole purpose of this club it to try different things and learn new techniques. Everyone gets to choose a challenge. Every time it's my turn, I always make them focus on the story. I'm sure there are many who don't like that either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.