Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Farm Report

As I said, we had a great time out at the farm. Seems like it's been raining for two weeks. We've had terrible storms and tornadoes early this morning, but the sun is out now (8 a.m.) It won't last long. I'm heading out to a 2 day needlepoint workshop today with Nancy. I'm sure it will start storming again when I need to leave.

Connie called me on Saturday from Atlanta to find out if my family in St. Louis was okay. I said "whaaaatttt????" I had no idea y'all were getting all those tornadoes. I don't watch tv during the day. I figured since I hadn't heard from anybody, all was well. No news is good news.

Back to the farm. We had a little visitor one night. I was the first one up---I always am---and I start the coffee for everybody---I bring my own tea. I noticed the little "presents" all over the counter. Then I saw that our little visitor had nibbled on the cherry pie and "busted through" the plastic of the Sister Shubert rolls. Some of the girls were freaking. I said there was no way we were throwing that food away---he didn't eat much. Then, we found that he had gotten in to our candy. We really weren't happy about that. No one messes with our candy. We couldn't tell whose candy it was---or rather, which cup he'd taken it from. Nancy had made us little table favors.

Nancy made Cream of Wheat as one of her breakfasts. That is one of my favorite comfort foods. I like it on a regular basis, but always have it when I'm sick. Lots of times, I'll have it for dinner too. Great and low cal. Anyway, these southern gals blew me away! They put salt and pepper in Cream of Wheat. I said, "whoa, what, do you think these are grits?"  Anyway, I tasted it with salt and pepper. It wasn't terrible, just wrong. I like it all buttery and sweet---just like me!

End of farm report.

1 comment:

  1. Well the tornado's where on my back steps. Bridgeton, Maryland Heights, Florissant, the Airport. Lot's and lot's of damage. About 2000 homes were damaged and about 200 gone. Several of the homes in my complex have damage. I had the girls and we were in the basement under my scrapbook tables. I was thinking what I would do if I lost all my pictures and such. I realized I'm not prepared if a tornado would hit. I am now. God was watching over me. Had no power until Monday night. Tornado hit on Good Friday. It was on CNN alot Sat. & Sun. Unbelievable to see in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.