Friday, July 2, 2010

Now I've Heard it All!


It was reported on the news that a family here in the Nashville area has bats in their attic and walls. They are not allowed to do anything about them as the bats are on the endangered species list. The bats have multiplied so fast that the family has been forced to move out. Finally, some other "authority" determined that this particular bat is just a regular "brown" bat and not endangered after all. Now the family can have them exterminated and move back into their house. Even if the bat was endangered, what about the children the bats were endangering---what about rabies? Since when are animals more important than people? This is going too far---who the heck cares if the dang bat is endangered? I guarantee you---if bats move in to my house---they WILL be endangered! I'll sic Butch and his BB gun on them! I'm just sayin'.

PS Besides the squirrel problem, the rabbits are eating everything in sight. I had purple petunias all around the pool. They are all just about gone---not to mention my tomatoes, green peppers and other veggies. I told Butch I wanted him to "get after" them too. He laughed and said it wouldn't do any good. I couldn't believe he said that---Mr. I can't sit still for 2 minutes without having to jump up, grab my gun and go after the squirrels. I asked him if he was admitting that his harassing of the squirrels wasn't doing any good either. He smiled and said, "okay, I'll start on the rabbits." They are going to be some sorry bunnies!

1 comment:

  1. I'm tellin' ya' Butch needs a more powerful bebe gun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.