Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Karolyn's Scrapbook Retreat














Here are some of the before pictures:

She had a lot of really fun vintage stuff-- mostly family heirlooms. I don't know why our family didn't pass any good stuff down.

So many of the things in her room have special memories starting with her work table---that was a trestle table that belonged to her parents.
Some things have been re-purposed. I love her scale. On top are some spools of ribbon that we all bought in Scotland last year. Also, she found the purple glass doorknob. Purple is her favorite color. She's on the lookout for some fabric for the window. She will make that herself as she's a great seamstress. The old green shelves are really neat too. Her window did not have glass, so I turned it into an homage of "K"s. She didn't have quite enough, so I added the grandkids photos which will be replaced if she finds more "K"s. Love the purple gloves. She even found old "ball" jelly jars with purple lids.

Each room I've done has a personality all its own based on the individuals treasures. I just love how they've all turned out. Even with many of the same types of things, they are all completely different.

The empty frames shown here---Karolyn forgot to give those to me. She emailed me last night about them. I told her that I already have an idea for them. I'll send the pictures when I get them done---something you haven't see yet and will be unique to her room.

Alas, I've come to the end of the line for decorating friend's scrapbook rooms (and one bedroom). I've done 7---plus 4 family members. What will I do? I just love decorating. I'm working on Mindy's condo, which she doesn't even have yet---nor is even in the thought process. I just can't pass up cool stuff at a good price---like today---I found 2 cool lamps---$12.00 for the pair! I'm thinking of re-doing a few things around here. I told Butch that I was going to put the entire sun room on Craig's list---he's like "what?" Not that there's anything wrong with the room, after all, it's been 15 years. I'm ready for a change. Especially after doing Nancy's bedroom---I can see birds in my sunroom too. I want new furniture for the family room, but am holding out until Mindy decides what she wants to do. I'd rather give her the furniture. She's still living with mostly college crap.

Anybody have any jobs for me? I work for FOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.