Sunday, November 1, 2009

Butch Doesn't Talk Much...

...but he's still a blabbermouth! Here's the story:

Butch was talking to Elizabeth on the phone. She said, "my daddy's coming to Nashville." Butch said, "yes, I know, he's staying at my house." To which she responded with consternation, "no, he's not! He's staying at Grammy's!" The girl knows whose house it really is! Seriously, I'm thinking she may not realize that Butch actually lives here.

Greg came into Nashville for a job interview. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up. I hadn't told anyone so as not to "jinx" the possibility. Turns out, Butch blabbed to his golf buddies who in turn told their wives, who told other friends, and so on---you get the picture. It was our turn to host the Titans tailgate today---there were 16 of us. I made 2 appetizers, sloppy joes and a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. Ooops,  got side-tracked by food! 

Anyway, just about every time I turned around, someone asked me if Greg had heard anything. This is all I know---the interview went extremely well. Again, I'm trying not to get my hopes up because there are too many things that would have to fall into place to make this really work. But it sure would make me happy!

I'm really okay with Butch being a blabbermouth as long as he keeps taking care of me at the Titan's games. He remembers everything. He brings a little radio for me and a special Titan's cup for my bloody mary. He did all the clean-up while I was busy socializing. I think he was on a "high" from winning a few games of washers. Gotta' love that guy!

PS 30-17  over Jacksonville---Go Titans! And with that, Connie has already lost her 5 bucks in the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.