Sunday, April 29, 2007

Misguided First Love

I was in the 5th grade when the British Invasion began. I bought my very first album at the Gem store, only to discover that I'd been ripped off. I bought the Beetle Bugs not realizing it wasn't actually the Beatles. What would you expect an 11 year old with not much money to do---of course I went the cheaper route. I think I paid $2.00 for that album only to be disappointed. I was finally able to get my first Beatles album---"Meet the Beatles" several months later. I absolutely fell in love with the Beatles. My most favorite song on that album was "Till there was you". Little did I know that it was actually a showtune from the Music Man. That very well could have been the start of my love of showtunes. I didn't see the Music Man until sometime in the late 60's or early 70's at the Muny. Does that mean I was actually in love with Robert Preston (star of Music Man)? Eeewwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.