Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm Bringing Sexy Back, a crappy manicure and limp hair...

The little girls get a kick out of my Justin Timberlake moves while singing, "I'm bringing sexy back...". With that song in mind, I decided that the time has come to purchase some new sleepwear. Well, I guess Margarita decided it for me. I found my favorite nightgown in the rag pile! It's not full of holes, or looks particularly worn, but I guess the stamping ink stains, embossing powder and permanently embedded glitter is what tipped the scales. I headed out to Green Hills Mall---I usually get by with only going to the mall about twice a year and here I've gone twice in the past 6 weeks. I went to Dillards lingerie department and asked the sales clerk where to find the fat lady stuff. Have you been lately? The stuff they sell is just plain ugly! I held up a moo moo and told the clerk that if I was reduced to wearing this stuff, you could just bury me now!!! It looked like it was made for old ladies---you know those ugly house dresses? I managed to find a few acceptable things, but hit the jackpot with slippers! I bought slippers like I used to buy shoes---5 pairs. I hate to think that I'm turning into an old lady, but buying a $100 worth of slippers comes dangerously close! I guess I won't be bringing sexy back after all.

My manicurist is out-of-town (which is why I went to the mall about 6 weeks ago too). I'll be darned if I didn't get the same guy again. He tries to talk to me and I don't have a clue as to what he's saying. I've decided that what he speaks isn't any type of language at all. I'm convinced that there is a school somewhere that is only open to nail technicians and fast food drive through workers. They have all mastered the low, mumble, slur all your words together language and must have graduated at the top of their class. After saying "excuse me" for about the 4th time, I started to break out in a cold sweat. That leads me to my limp hair. It takes 5 different hair products to get my hair to have any type of body at all. When I start to sweat, the gel stuff turns back to slime. So here I am, getting a lousy manicure, buying ugly clothes and my hair a slimy mess---now you know why I avoid the mall!

PS Back to the music---when Mitchell's around, I love to dance and sing, "don't you wish your girlfriend was HOT like me"? He just shakes his head. Once he said, "grammy, I feel sorry for the girls"! Gotta love that kid too!

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture Mitchell....he never seems to appreciate your humor!!
    I know what you mean about the Asian nail techs...I dread when they try to talk to me. I feel bad saying "excuse me" every time they try to tell me something. I figure they must be used to it though!
    Glad you found some decent pjs!
    Love,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.