Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My Blissful Corner

I have a nightly routine that I think many of you will envy---especially if you have little ones running around (don't worry, your time will come---sooner than you think). Every evening, our routine goes something like this (okay, exactly like this):
Butch gets home at 6:00 and dinner is on the table (unless it's a Lean Cuisine night, then it's in front of the tv).
Clean up kitchen.
Get "jammies" on.
6:30---get mail, soda, laptop, Sudoku book, scrapbook magazines, stitching, and all 3 remotes (yep, I control the remotes)! and settle into my chair for the night.
iChat with Mindy.
7:00--watch Ellen while taping our evening shows.
7:45---start watching the 7:00 show. Now I'm just ahead enough to be able to see all of our favorite shows while fast forwarding through the commercials.
9:00---Butch gets a bowl of ice cream, kisses me good night and goes to bed.
9:00---11:00 or 12:00---I do whatever I want.
When I head to bed, I turn on the fan, push all the covers except the sheet on top of Butch, turn off the tv, turn on my little book light and read for about 15-30 minutes.

How does my routine change when Butch is out-of-town (you ask)? I start my evening at 5:00 p.m. with my "jammies" and have either tomato soup, Cream of Wheat, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. Then it all pretty much goes as usual. Ahhh, I love my life!!!

Considering I start my days anywhere from 4:30 to 5:30 a.m. with the treadmill, I think I'm entitled! Still hate that thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.