Thursday, January 25, 2007

6th Grade Math

Jordan came home today with two notes from her math teacher. They stated that she was to have help with her math homework. Well, I never did homework with my kids and there's a reason for that! I've already done all my homework and I don't want to go back there! Jordan put up a fuss, so I thought I'd at least give it a try. Somewhere along the line, math turned into a foreign language. One of her first questions was: Write 1/11 as a decimal with a bar over the repetend. What the heck is a repetend? There was never such a word when I took math and certainly not in the 6th grade!! I guess it turned out okay though. In trying to explain it all to me, Jordan actually solved the problems herself. Who says I'm not a teacher?? My language skills were always my strongest. Math---forget it!!

On a side note, I'm pretty sick of loading and unloading my dishwasher---every day---twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.