Sunday, September 1, 2024

Something for Sunday

Hey All! 

I thought that today I would introduce you to our bridge group.
Connie (on the right) and I play with these two feisty old ladies--96 years and they both still drive! Next to me is Louise--who has hearing problems and next to her is Betty--who doesn't seem to have any issues. One thing is for sure, these ladies are very sharp at the bridge table. I will admit, that Betty--even though she was the big winner--left her partner (me) in a few contracts with very little trump support. On the other hand, when I was playing with Louise, I did something that I get on Connie for--not bidding exactly like you're supposed to. I took a real "dressing down" from Louise. I had it coming. I had no defense. I was wrong--100%. I hope Connie was paying attention!!

Anyway, we play with them at least once a month, but have been starting to make it twice a month when we can.
We play at the Centennial Club where they serve us delicious lunches. This one was chicken salad, squash casserole, slaw and asparagus roll-ups. I already don't remember the dessert--I think it was some sort of sherbet. The food is really good except when they serve us tomato aspic. Neither Connie, nor I like that. They served it to us the last time along with a sweet potato casserole full of raisins--which I didn't like. 

We're kind of surprised as the last two times we've played, we were the only people there. It's hard to believe that they have the whole staff come on for 4 people! 

We have a lot of fun. I especially love that I get to play bridge more than just once a month at Richland. It's supposed to be good for our minds. If these two ladies are an example, then Connie and I can only hope to be playing when we're 96. Well, when I'm 96, Connie will be 99--yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.