Saturday, October 14, 2023

Scrapbook Saturday

So I'm off scrapbooking. I'll have plenty to share from the trip. But in the meantime, there's this.

I've been working on some Christmas pages. I was happy to use on of the tags I made. I printed the large outline 2021 and put the star in the middle for the title. That was easy and fun. 
But, best laid plans often go awry--especially with this hobby! Things that should be easy aren't always. I knew I wanted to print the journaling on this oval shaped card. Well, somehow, it slipped in the printer. It's the only card like this that I had. So, I thought. about it for a second and came up with this:
Yes, you can tell that it's not lined up perfectly. And the ink smeared. I used the stars to fill in the blank spot at the bottom. Is it perfect? No, not by a long shot. But you can still read the story and that's most important. Just keeping it real here!
The picture on the right side opens up to show more pictures inside. I love doing that when I have a lot of pictures.

I'm going to have a lot of layouts to put in albums---my least favorite thing!

2 comments:

  1. I always prefer to see hand made items that aren't perfect - it's what gives them charm! You found a clever way to improvise the look you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, even when I use a practice card, it will still turn out that the actual one of kind card misfeeds through the printer. You covered beautifully, and your pages are great. Nice use of the flip flap as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.