Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Travel Tuesday

So, for the past 5 days, we've been on our ski trip with the grands. I don't ski anymore, I cook and chauffeur. It's always a fun time. 
They couldn't have asked for better weather. Mitchell and Olly just wore jerseys since it was so warm. Butch only brought his ski jacket, but he just had a shirt underneath.

Morgan and Olly.
Sisters!
Robbie, Jordan and grandpa.
Sisters.

This was the night that I surprised the "kids" with a sleigh ride dinner. We had done this about 25 years ago. 
Jordan and Morgan posing with one of our horses. 
Same food as 25 years ago. It was just as good as I remembered. We all had so much fun. The entertainment wasn't quite as good as I remembered. All those. years ago, we had a singing cowboy. 
This time it was a very nice middle-aged woman, but she wasn't the greatest. After she sang about 10 songs, she said that she had come to the end of her list! She ad-libbed after that. Apparently, all she could come up with for her final song was "Winter Wonderland."
Jordan complimented my hat. I gave it to her. I really like it, but it was way too big on me (see photo above). It looks really cute on her.
This just goes to show how much skiing takes out of them! This does not look comfortable!

We have this ski thing down to a fine science. While Butch took the "kids" to get their skis, Robbie and I did the grocery shopping. I keep the food pretty easy and simple. I made grilled ham and cheese the first night. I made scrambled eggs and biscuits for one breakfast. After that it was bagels and spreads, English muffins with peanut butter or cereal. One night I made shrimp fettuccine with garlic cheese bread and a Caesar salad. I made a hot cherry cobbler with ice cream for dessert. We were here for the Super Bowl. We just had snacks and then sloppy joes at half time. 

Morgan is already planning next year! I said, "What's to plan? Y'all said you love this house, so I'll just reserve it again!" 

One of my favorite things is that there's not many "kids" who can say that their grandfather taught them to ski! 

The place is really big. It has 4 bedrooms and with a set of bunkbeds downstairs and a pull-out couch, it can sleep 12. So I have a problem with that. If you advertise that you can sleep 12, then why wouldn't you have places for 12 to sit? Since there were only 7 of us, we had seats around the table. But there were not enough seats in the living room. We had to use a dining room chair. 

Also, this was a problem:
They had a huge tangle of pots and pans--that kind I hate--stainless steel. In this day and age, why wouldn't they have non-stick cookware? Also, if you advertise for 12 people why wouldn't there be some really big pots? I had to use two pots to cook the pasta. There wasn't a big colander to strain it. Nor was there a pasta server. The dishes and matching coffee cups were not dishwasher safe. There weren't enough of them anyway. I ended up buying paper plates. There were no scissors to open food packages either. Oh well...

Our condo at the beach used to be for rent. I made darn sure that there was every single thing anyone would need. It's just too hard to cook in an unknown kitchen!!

Until next year's ski trip...


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had so much fun - that sleigh ride looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Maybe if they had really nice cookware, it would slowly put surely disappear?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.