Monday, February 6, 2023

Morgan on Monday

Last week, Morgan sent me pictures of her African Safari bathroom. 
She used many of the things she bought in Africa.



She bought all of these cute animals. They look perfect on this little shelf.
This is one of the photos that she took and had blown up.
I couldn't resist. I sent her the tissue box and a pair of hand towels. 

I can't wait to see it in person!!

I spent the better part of the weekend getting ready for our scrapbook retreat a week from Wednesday. We're leaving on Thursday to take the grands skiing. We'll get back on Monday afternoon. I'll turn right around and leave for scrapbooking on Wednesday morning. So, I'm running out of time. Actually, I'm in pretty good shape. I've pre-planned a lot! Since we're taking two cars this time, I'm not limited on space. I'm probably bringing more than I've ever brought before--just because I have the space.

And now, I want to brag on Butch. The guy has been working like mad--in the freezing cold of the garage! We're finally getting it "re-done." Other than cleaning it here and there, it hasn't been painted since we moved in--June 1995! The drywall tape needs to be repaired, and everything needs a thorough cleaning, painting, new shelving, and a fresh floor. In order to get the garage ready for the work, Butch had to rent a pod and empty out the whole thing. I'm so sad that we forgot to take "before" pictures! We'll get some of it empty and then the "after." That's about the best we can do. 

He said that he thought "someone" might offer to help him. I told him that "someone" had considered it but:
1. It's cold.
2. It's heavy stuff.
3. It's dirty stuff.
4. We don't work well together. 
5. Prepping for scrapbooking is way more fun!

Most importantly, he gets ALL the credit!! But, he has to admit, I'm the one that got the ball rolling! I'm good at that!



















3 comments:

  1. That collection of animals looks so stylish on the shelves - what a lovely way to display her momentos. I bet no one else has an African inspired bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested to know what kind of new floor you are putting in the garage. Hubby wants to upgrade yours as well. He did a big clean and purge a couple of years ago, but since our house was built in 1995, it too needs some drywall repair, new paint and an upgrade to the floor would be nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should read "upgrade ours".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.