Thursday, November 7, 2019

Five Things Thursday

1. Elizabeth's homecoming picture. I can't believe how grown up she is.
 It was just yesterday that she was like this!!
 2. Unexpected gifts are the best!! Gren, the husband of my British friend, Diane, brought me these. He introduced me to Sipsmith lemon gin while visiting them in Nottingham. Since then, he's been introducing me to other specialty gin.
 I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with this. There weren't any instructions. I'm going to look for a website and try to find out.
 3. I met my friend, Mary Jo for lunch at Emmy Squared a couple weeks ago. I got the pimento cheese fried green tomato sandwich.
 There was no way to eat it without a knife and fork. It looks a little better than it tasted. The pimento cheese was good, but the fried green tomatoes were flavorless. This was my second time there--I am not impressed.
 4. A number of years ago, Beth Ann, a friend of mine who worked at a needlepoint shop in Lexington, KY, sent me a box full of canvases. The shop was moving and getting rid of a bunch of canvases. She must have sent me 30 or 40. I shared with my needlepointing friends.
Another friend, Elizabeth took all the nutcrackers. She finally finished them all and sent me these pictures. I can't wait to see them in person. The finish work is fabulous!! Now I wish I'd kept a couple for myself!!
5. One of my renters at Gulf Place in Santa Rosa sent me this picture. It looks like a painting!! I think it's the prettiest picture of our beach I've seen. I just wish I'd seen it in person!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your mulled wine tea! I think all you have to do is pour boiling water over a spoonful of it and enjoy all the spices you find in mulled wine.
    Those needlepoints are works of art - so much patience and talent has gone into them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.