Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Year's Resolution

Turns out I have a New Year's resolution I didn't even know I made! I'm determined to get Butch cooking one meal a week. On Thursday, I gave him the choice of cooking steaks, or taking me out. I told him he could decide, but if it was steaks, he had to get them out of the freezer. Out the door I went for my bridge day. When I got home, turns out he had gotten out ALL the steaks I had in the freezer.
 In his defense, he didn't realized that I had them bagged separately within a larger ziplock. We quick started texting the family to come over for dinner. Mindy travels for work, so she was out. Steph already had plans. Jordan never answered. Morgan showed up. The two leftover filets shouldn't go to waste. They're too rare for me, so it's up to Butch.

Having him cook is definitely going to take a few more "tweaks." I figure I have a 50/50 chance of getting to eat out. I reminded him of the last time we went out to a restaurant together was before Christmas---our poker dinner on December 14th. I have coupons I want to use before they expire.
Mindy is headed to Mard Gras in New Orleans in another week. She's rockin' her new wig.
My scrapbook room needs a major clean out. I took this shot after putting some class kits together, so it's still a mess. I need to get rid of a lot of stuff. Sometimes, when I'm working, I can't even walk around.
Saturday, Stephanie and Mindy came over to do the little Valentine's project I planned for my day group on Tuesday. We had a recent conversation about how I really don't like crafts. I did them all in the 1970's. I said I do them just because they love them. Steph said she only loves crafts because I plan everything, have it all measured and pre-cut. It's just a matter of assembly! That's true. I don't like to leave anything to chance. She and Mindy want to have a day with their friends to do an Easter craft. I've already got ideas.
At the same time Stephanie and Mindy were working on the kitchen, I had Morgan and crew working on the prom invitations in the dining room. There were 6 of them. After two hours, they had all the strings tied around the mason jars, envelopes sealed and stuffed, and string tied to close the envelope. 
The all had to leave, so I finished up printing all the monograms, punching them and the yellow, scalloped background. I ran everything through my xyron. They turned out pretty cute. Glad to have that over with.

Now I'm trying to get my pre-planning done for my upcoming scrapbook retreat with family and friends in 2 weeks. That's about it from here. Hope your week is going okay.

6 comments:

  1. What I love about the steak story is that your immediate reaction was to phone round so you could share!

    Your Valentine craft is perfectly lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those monogrammed envelopes and jar invites are perfectly lovely .. How quick thinking were you about those steaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's certainly lots going on at your place. I really like the Valentine's craft & will have to mark that idea to do with the nieces sometime.

    I'm lucky that Robbie enjoys cooking, so we pretty much split that chore 50/50 around here. (well, sometimes he does more!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we lived closer together, I love your crafting ideas and to be close enough to join in would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Barbara, That was quick thinking with the steaks. I had to laugh at the choices you gave Butch because I do the same sort of thing and the same sort of thing happens to me because I forgot to impart some vital piece of information or instruction!
    Your craft projects are lovely, I like the hearts on sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those hearts coming out of the vintage thread spools are lovely.

    Steaks are a favourite around here. I often cook extras to cut into salads or sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.