Friday, January 18, 2013

A Few Things

It's been a busy week. I've gotten a lot accomplished, but yet, not nearly enough. I just don't know where the time goes. Ah, yes, I, do! I "waste" a lot of time on my computer. I guest you could say that "waste" depends on how you look at it. For me, it's part of my OCD tendencies. I already can't won't am not able to travel without my computer and every place we stay must have internet access.

I have a pretty good "routine" that I follow when it comes to my computer. This is the morning routine. The evening routine is exactly the same except I'm in front of the television and do not turn on Pandora.
1. Open the lid.
2. Turn on Pandora.
3. Open email and let it load.
4. Open Facebook.
5. Open another window with "Words with Friends."
6. Open 3 more windows for blog reading.
7. Start reading blogs, one window at a time. If it looks like it's going to be a long read and I'm interested in the post, I add it to my reading list (on a Mac, it's that little set of eyeglasses on the upper left of the menu bar).
8. Continue going through my blog reader until I "reach the end." I follow over 200 blogs.
9. Play my "Words with Friends."
10. Catch up on Facebook.
11. Read and respond to emails.
By now, it's been an hour---maybe more. If I add writing my own blog post, that's nearly another hour---write, upload pictures, edit, re-read, post.

I avoid Pinterest unless I have a LOT of time. I can go there and "waste" another hour or two easily.

I have so much I want to do in the mornings. My favorite routine is to brew myself a pot of tea, sit in the living room with my computer in front of the fireplace. But that is in direct competition with what I should be doing---treadmill---first thing.

I've managed to start multi-tasking on the treadmill. I've always read while walking, but now, I say my morning prayers and a rosary before I open my book. But still, I can talk myself out of this with how much I have to do.

Today, I picked my computer instead of the treadmill. So, now my "to do" list for the day looks like this:
finish this post
straighten the house
get on the treadmill
edit and print photos
do journaling for a layout
gather materials for AYM class kits
write 2 handouts for AYM/1 & 2
clean out bathroom cabinet
clean out 2 bathroom drawers
get hair cut and colored
finish AYM layout
email TSRCC group
"catch up" on my computer reading
create another blog post with pictures from the week
shower, dressed and make-up in time for happy hour (we're going out tonight, so I need to be ready prior to happy hour)

Plus, I must have a nap. I always relax in the afternoon for about an hour. Most of that time is reading, but I close my eyes for up to a half hour to refresh myself. Most of the time, it only takes 15 or 20 minutes for the "nap" part.

I think I better turn this "to do" list in to a weekend list. I have a better chance of getting everything done that way. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. It can happen if I get off the computer. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. My, that's a lot of things you do do, actually, in a day, Barbara! Hope the cut, colour and happy hour were relaxing and happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.