Monday, November 26, 2012

The Frist Holiday Weekend Comes to an End

As usual, the holiday weekend went by way too fast. I did get the last of the decorating done. Butch ran errands and picked up a tree for Mindy. Basically pretty low key. I made a roast with mashed potatoes and lima beans for dinner. That's the extent of my cooking for the week. I got out some soup to thaw and Sandy had sent some meatballs home with us. Easy cooking week. Wait, I must confess, ALL of my weeks are easy cooking weeks. Between the lunches out and other social events, we mostly have Lean Cuisines when we are home. Luckily, Butch doesn't care about food.

More photos:

 The Lapps Family---from left: Greg, Sandy, Elizabeth, Mitchell and Victoria. Don't be fooled---Victoria is not wearing stripes. The sun coming through the blinds played this little trick on her. I think it looks pretty cute.
 I forgot that I wasn't supposed to get Mitchell's red-toed socks in the picture. 
 I took this one a little closer up. Is there any doubt as to who's the tallest? Mitchell in his stocking feet on the bare floor vs. Greg with shoes standing on the rug. Greg has been insisting for a long time that he's still taller. I'm thinking "no." Victoria is growing up so fast. Ditto for Elizabeth. No babies in the f family any more.
This story is costing me dearly. It took me at least a half hour to convince Elizabeth to let me tell it. We negotiated hard. By the time it was done, not only has she agreed to let me relay this story, but also the one I wanted to tell the last time we were here.

I took the picture of Elizabeth in front of the drawer above, so you could picture the story. As you know, The Lapps' just moved in to their new house the first part of October. They have been unpacking boxes and decorating in preparation for the holidays. Greg is traveling 100% of the time for his new job right now, so that leaves little time for him to do the household things that Sandy can't.
Elizabeth, in her effort to help, peeled off ALL the drawer and cabinet protectors. She came to Sandy with a hand full and said, "look mom, I peeled all of these off for you!" I must mention, Elizabeth is 
a "peeling" kind of girl (not to be confused with "appealing"). If you need to have a tag peeled off of something, she's your gal. 

When Greg got home, he wasn't exactly thrilled to have to go back around and glue all of these back on. Sandy said that when she said, "Elizabeth, what did you do?" Her little face fell. She thought she had done a good deed. How can you be mad at something like that? As far as I'm concerned, it just makes for a good story!
Here's the picture I wanted to post the first time we visited. Elizabeth had these little notes sitting on her dresser. She's only in the 2nd grade and it has started already. Girls!! I love the one on the left that says:
To Elizabeth we are not tring to hurt your fellings. But it is ture. p.s. we are your friend 
Love, 
Clare 
Ashley 
Catherine

I have no idea what the little "tiff" was all about, but it's over now---as quickly as most of these types of things go.

Elizabeth says that telling stories about her on my blog is embarrassing. For your entertainment, it is costing me an extra Christmas present. I plan to make a big deal out of it on Christmas Eve. That way, maybe she'll let me tell stories about her more often. 

It's really funny, everyone else "begs" to be mentioned on my blog---friends of Mindy and Steph's---and even friends of the "little" girls. Too bad all the people that actually read my blog don't "sign up" as followers. I'm always surprised when people say, "I love your blog." I had no idea.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely worth the extra Christmas present! You tell her that we love the stories and think she sounds like just our kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh most definitely worth that extra present. Dear Elizabeth, you will have a chance to take revenge when you are old enough to have your own blog so start by taking lots of pictures and then writing about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.