Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Beauty's Still Only Skin Deep

You may remember this post  from 2009---the Original "Beauty's only skin deep." Well, today I felt in need of another beauty makeover. Plus, I needed a few things. After all, it's been 3 years! I don't know if it's my age or what, but it seems that skin care gets more complicated every time I go in. My head was spinning as the Estee Lauder consultant was telling me everything I needed. I have a lot of stuff already---since I'm not so good about using it---so I only bought what I needed. The problem is that by the time I get home, I have no idea what I'm supposed to use when. As it turned out, the lady about freaked when she found out I was using something around my eyes that was only supposed to be for my face. She said that I was actually doing damage to my eyes by using the products incorrectly. Seriously---I may have made myself older by using skin care products? Figures. Right then, I stopped her and told her that I had to write everything down---which I did. I came away feeling on top of my skin care regime. 
Here's everything I bought. It added up to a small fortune.What it takes to be beautiful is expensive. I'm just hoping it's going to be worth it. And that I can get back on track with my skin care. I have to admit, lately, it's just been clean my face, done.
 When I got home, I pulled out what I had. Here are all of the assorted cleansers.
I decided to take a Sharpie and number everything in the order that they will be used.
I found some more cleansing creams. I marked them #1 too.
 I started numbering everything in the order that it's supposed to be used. Then I ran in to a problem. Some things are for morning and others are for evening. So I had to go back and mark everything a.m. or p.m.
 Some of the bottles were brown, so I had to mark them on the top. I ran into another problem with the things that are used day and night. I had to mark them appropriately. For example, the eye repair cream is used as #4 in the morning, but #2 at night.
 These are masks---which the Estee lady and I  didn't even discuss today. I haven't used them in years. I don't even know if they are still good.

 The marker would not work on the little bottle on the right. I was half tempted to just throw it away. But that would be money down the drain. Since I have a larger version of this, I put the little sample one next to it. Why does everything have to be so complicated?
These were other odd things I had. I have no idea when I'm supposed to use them, so I guess I won't.

Now that I organized everything, I started with my night time regime. I was pretty proud of myself until I forgot what number I was on. OMG! This is going to take awhile to get used to. I'm determined to get back in to a good skin care habit. I have made a vow to myself that I am not going to buy another product until I use up all of these.

As for the make-up---that's another story for another time. I just hope that the next time you see me, you  can recognize me. I'll be the young looking one in the crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.