Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Browsing D.C.

On Saturday, I played hooky and wandered around the city. Our hotel was 3/4 of a mile from the White House. It was a beautiful day, so I walked on over.
The front of the White House. When we were here in 2010, we visited, but only saw the back. The whole area around the White House is beautiful. Across the street is President's Square---a very nice little park surrounded with pretty old homes. 

 These look like palaces. I'm not really sure what they are.

 So fall is gorgeous all over the United States. I love the combination of so many colors.
I don't know what this miniature black grass is, but I want some!
 You know I have my own issues with squirrels. But I couldn't resist getting a few shots.
They are so tame, they actually pose! They are not one bit afraid.
 
I haven't seen black squirrels since Sandy and Greg lived in Pennsylvania. When you see them on white snow, it's a little eerie. 
 I just had to get a shot of this little fellow eating an acorn.
He totally "cracked" me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.