Monday, October 15, 2012

A Few Things and a Recipe

Besides the gnocchi's I made for the weekend, I tried a new recipe and it was good. So here it is:

Honey Ham Biscuit Sliders
1 can Grands Jr. Butter Tasting Biscuits (10 count)
1/2 lb. deli ham, shaved
1/2 lb. swiss cheese
1/4 cup honey mustard dressing (I just used honey mustard and squirted it on---no measuring)
1 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. honey (I didn't use this)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Separate each biscuit into two layers. Spread bottom layer with honey mustard, top with ham and cheese and another squirt of the honey mustard. Top with the other half of the biscuit. Brush biscuits with butter.

Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Heat honey in microwave and brush on warm biscuits. Serve immediately. Note: I did not put the honey on top because I thought they would be too sticky. Also, they cooked fast---more like 11 minutes for me, so keep and eye on them.

 These are a few of the things I found at Bella Rustica this year. It was during our golf weekend and was about an hour away, so we went for it. The earrings are actually magnets. I thought this tiny little muffin pan was adorable.
 The glass vials are full of buttons and decorated very cute. The little bottles contain glitter. Then there are those cute, old wooden spools wound with bits of lace, and topped with buttons.
 I believe that these little wooden, paper wrapped "signs" are actually from the Jenga game. I couldn't resist the alarm clock. I fell in love with the blue numbers.
 This is the latest project that Karolyn, Connie and I are working on. We've all changed up the colors to suit our own preference. I'll photograph them when they are finished. It's a fun project because you get to do a lot of different stitches. It never gets boring. It is going fast too.
 Another antique style necklace that I picked up. This one I've kept for myself. It's not a rosary--that would be sacriligeus.
 This is the bulb that came out of my ott light. I've looked all over for a replacement---including online. I've put Butch on it. That's right up his alley---hunting for something. I put the pen in the picture so you could get a feel for how big it is.
 Archivers has a couple of new sketchbooks. They look pretty interesting.
Aren't these the most gorgeous WEEDS you've ever seen? Karolyn cut them at the farm and sent me a photo---knowing my love of flowers.

One last thing. Morgan called crying this afternoon. She was rear-ended on the way home from school. Her grandpa ran to her rescue. She was okay, just shaken. And her car just has some scratches on the bumper. Not bad at all. I love that the girls call their grandpa when they need him! I never would have called my grandpas---it wouldn't even have entered my mind.

Tomorrow I'll be posting the layouts that I did this weekend and on our golf weekend. I'll also be posting the layouts from AYM on the AYM blog.

Until then....

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.