Friday, June 29, 2012

More Stuff

Last Saturday, when we went shopping, this happened to Steph as soon as we got out of the car:

She and Sandy both seem to have a problem with knocking a big chunk out of their "papa" toenails. Mindy and I think it is hysterically funny. Steph said that now she needs to get a fake "papa" toenail for our vacation. Last summer, it happened to Sandy during our vacation. One of the kids knocked a chunk out of one and the very next day, Jordan got her other one! I shouldn't laugh---it might happen to me.


 This NEVER happens! This is my gas bill. I've never had one this low. Actually, I do the level payment plan for $139 a month year round. We must have saved some gas this year to basically have a "free" month. It's like a nice little surprise. The smallest things make me happy!

 I came home on Wednesday afternoon to find these on my desk. Are you kidding? 2 days before our vacation! If it had been Stephanie or Mindy, I would have gone off---telling them "no" since they didn't give me any time.

 Anything for those grandkids. Plus, I do remember that my grandmother did all of our clothing repairs too. I guess it's just the grandmotherly thing to do. And it could be that my "big" girls do not know how to sew. No such thing as "home ec" in schools these days.
Just when I thought I had my multiples habit under control, I found these on sale. There are actually 4 of them here. I did hold back from buying more. I'm sure we'll go through all 4 on our vacation with 11 people. Then I'll have to pay full price.

Remember I wondered if this would be pushing my luck---to get Butch to help me clean out this cabinet? Well, he did. And this time, it really only did take about 10 minutes. 

Here is the final result---room again and no chaos! I did keep the French onion soup bowls even thought I've only made that twice in 41 years! I'm thinking I might make it again soon!

In honor of my "sisters" weekend, I decided to surprise them with the best flip flops EVER! And they are "green." They're called "yoga mat flip flops." They are the most comfortable things I've ever had. I'll be wearing mine as we head off on our trip. The best part---I just ordered them late Wednesday night and they arrived today!

I'll be posting some pictures while we're away. Stay tuned...try to stay cool here while we're enjoying low 80's in the Dominican Republic!! I probably just jinxed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.